CVA Updates Due to Covid-19 (updated 5/5/20)
Quick Updates at a Glance
The CVA Office is open by appointment only on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. Please call or e-mail for an appointment:
On-campus classes are cancelled for the remainder of the 2019-2020 school year.
Students are continuing their classes via remote learning.
All standardized testing has been cancelled.
As of now, the Class of 2020 Graduation Ceremony is still scheduled for May 19th.
If circumstances allow, the CVA Yearbook Party will still take place. It is schedule for May 20th. Details are in the May Newsletter
Paula gives additional details below.
A Note From Ms. Paula
Dear CVA Families,
Our priority is that everyone stays well physically, finishes strong academically, and triumphs spiritually! I hope you are all well and have everything you need. Below is a plan to keep us on track and moving forward to the best of our ability.
It is important to stay up with your work. This temporary situation is not a vacation, so let me encourage you to stay the course! Here are some things that you need to know:
- The church has performed a deep cleaning of all buildings. We are back in the CVA office Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- On-Campus Class Information:
- Classes are cancelled on campus for the 2019-2020 school year, but students are required to continue their work at home. All CVA Instructors will be in contact with their students up throughout the week. Classes will end on May 15th, as originally planned. The mode of contact will be by any of the following:
- Zoom (real time online, visual and audio)
- Google Classroom
- Parents, make sure your student is finishing their assigned work, check it every evening please. Completing work at home is nothing new to all of us, it’s how we’ve operated for quite some time.
- Important things to keep in mind with Remote Teaching and Learning:
- You may need more than one online device at a time if you have siblings that are in a different class but at the same time.
You may need to print out materials. Be sure you have ink and paper.
There may be internet interruptions. Class meetings will be recorded and sent to students if they’ve missed the session. Please note that it is best to be live in the class so you can participate. The recording is just for a back-up in case of technical difficulties.
Teachers are taking attendance, so if you cannot get online, contact your teacher ASAP to be excused.
Work will still be due according to assignment sheets. If you have difficulties, it is your responsibility to contact the teacher and work out an alternative.
The regular course schedule will be followed. If you have English at 9:00 Tuesday, you STILL have English then, you will just join it through Zoom instead of coming to campus. Your instructor may have to make a different time schedule, due to extenuating circumstances.
- Off Campus Grades and Attendance:
- It is important that you continue to keep your attendance records. Please keep this up to date. Remember that a school day consists of at least four hours of work, unless they complete all assignments earlier.
- Our accrediting agency, FCCPSA, has instructed us to waive all standardized testing as a requirement for this school year. I am cancelling the SAT (Stanford Achievement Test) this school year. If you’ve started a private SAT, you will be allowed to complete it. Mrs. Lynn will get in touch with you for optional rescheduling.
Stay healthy and strong. Encourage one another in the Lord.